Ever wanted to quickly save a screenshot of something on your screen? Follow these simple steps to be able to easily “snip” a portion of your screen to mark up and save for later or share!
- Type “Snip & Sketch” in the search bar in the bottom left corner of your computer:
- Select the “Snip & Sketch” app
*Shortcut* – to snip what is on your screen without having to open Snip & Sketch app first, simply press the Windows Logo Key + Shift + S.
- Select “New Snip” button located in the top left corner of the app:
- At the top of the screen, select the type of snip (rectangular, freeform, window or full screen) you would like to use:
- For the Rectangular and Freeform Clips, click + drag your cursor over the portion of your screen that you are wanting to capture. For the Window Clip, click on the window that you would like to capture:
- The captured picture will automatically show up in your Snip & Sketch app where you can make notes, highlight and mark up as you please:
- Save the picture onto your device either as a PNG, JPG or GIF using the “Save As” button in the top right corner of the app: